Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Dorayaki with black bean paste and matcha cream cheese fillings(healthy recipes)


Dorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillings
Dorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillings
Yes…the mention of dorayaki is always tied with doraemon. At least to me. How many of you grew up with doraemon show ? I certainly can’t be the only one, can I ? I love watching this blue cat which came from the 22nd century to aid this Nobita boy! How I wished I was Nobita. Still wishing I am him and to have a robotic cat who can grant my wishes. That magic pocket that could birth out just about anything he needed. Doraemon’s favorite food is this dorayaki. Japanese-styled pancakes. You know…I have so much admiration for the Japanese culture and cuisine. They are so carefully prepared, delicate, yet minimal and always beautifully presented. I’ve been wanting to make dorayaki for the longest time. I often hauled back some dorayaki from the Asian grocery store when I went there. But now knowing that they are actually not difficult to make, I think I would definitely make them myself now.

The recipe for the dorayaki pancake is adapted from Japanesecooking101.com . I reduce the amount of baking soda and found that the result is still great.

Dorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillings (about 20 pancakes)

What you will need:
  • 1½ cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • ¾ cup milk
Matcha cream cheese filling:
  • ¼ cup powdered sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
  • 1½ Tbsp matcha powder
  • 6 oz softened cream cheese
Instructions:
Preparing the Matcha cream cheese filling:
  1. Cream the softened cream cheese, matcha powder, and powdered sugar until they are smooth. Chilled in the refrigerator
Making the pancakes:
  1. Place the flour and baking soda in a bowl. Stir to mix
  2. Beat the eggs, sugar, and honey until well mixed, add in the milk. Gradually add in the flour mixture and continue to whisk until you get a smooth batter
  3. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush with some oil and then use a paper towel to wipe off excess oil. This step is very important in order to get an even color pancakes. Drop in about ⅛ cup of a batter onto the pan and let it cook until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancakes, don't flip yet, let it cook for about 2 minutes. You may take a peek at the bottom of the pancake, it should be golden brown. Flip over and let it cook for another minute. Remove to a plate and cover with damp clean towel. Repeat with the rest of the pancake
Assembling:
  1. Get one pancake and spread with some anko or matcha cream cheese filling and top with another piece of pancake. Wrap with plastic wrap and gently press the pancake together and try to pinch the edge. I can tell you that it won't be perfectly sealed, but that really is okay. Don't get all obsessed trying to seal it. Repeat with the rest of the pancakes and fillings
Notes:
Recipe for Anko is here: http://whattocooktoday.com/red-bean-paste.html
3.5.3208

Traditionally made with anko (red bean paste) filling, but I sub it with black beans (because that’s all I had). I love it with this matcha cream cheese filling too. My husband said, the cream cheese was lightly salty and so it went well with the sweet pancakes.
Dorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillings
Dorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillingsDorayaki with anko and matcha cream cheese fillings
Dorayaki with black bean paste and matcha cream cheese fillings(healthy recipes) Reviewed by Ekoy on 12:28 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Recipes Blogger © 2015 - 2016

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.